Flight ticket deals December
If you are looking for travel inspiration for where to go on holiday in December, we have a few ideas for you, to help you find fantastic locations with sunshine in December. If you’ve been somewhere hot in December that you would recommend add your travel review. And if relaxing aboard a luxury cruise liner is the ideal holiday for you then head to the bottom of the page for our best places to cruise in December recommendations.
Flight offers for December
- Canary Islands: You have plenty of choices for places to go in the Canary Islands! It’s well known for being a winter holiday destination in Europe, and of course its not it’s hottest month in the Canary Islands but due to it’s positioning it remains mild and warm all year round. In December there could be a small sprinkling of rain now and then and cool evenings but the daytime is generally speaking about 22°c / 73°f. See our Canaries reviews for more information on the individual islands but the firm favourites are Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote.
- Madeira: The island of Madeira is a Portuguese island off the North African coast and is mild and warm if you are looking for a good December holiday destination in Europe. It will probably be around 20°c / 68°f. The beaches are a soft volcanic black sand set to a backdrop of an island of raw natural beauty, you will find the occasional yellow sand beach but enjoy the volcanic nature of the island which gives Madeira it’s wonderful ambience and rich fauna and flora. The surf here is fantastic and even holds international surf competitions albeit the sea in December is a bit chilly. It has some very popular street markets in Porto Santo if you are thinking of taking some gifts home. Albeit part of Portugal, most Holiday companies list Madeira separately.
- Amsterdam: No, it’s not hot in Amsterdam in December! But if you fancy being cold for that winter wonderland feeling in one of the prettiest cities in the world, Amsterdams Christmas Markets are open and the city is lit up and buzzing.
- Morocco: Morocco in December is an ideal destination to get a bit of sunshine. It’s only actually 10 miles away from the southern tip of Spain, so quite a short distance for flights from European destinations. It will be around 19°c / 66°f, so a lovely mild temperature to stroll around the Souks and lie out with a book around the hotel pool. Essaouira is one of the best known beach locations, Marrakech remains one of the top tourist destinations, and Casa Blanca is less touristy and more modern with colonial French feel to it. Enjoy a wonderful afternoon in a Hammam, take a tour out to the desert with the back drop of the Atlas mountains en route, camel treks and 4×4 adventure and so much more. It will definitely be a lot cooler in the evenings and there is typically a light sprinkling of rain throughout the month. A truly great december holiday destination if you can be flexible to weather changes.
- Cuba: This Caribbean country simply sizzles in December. If you visit Cuba in December you’ll find the temperature averages 27°c / 80°f with a few showers now and then in the afternoon or night cooling things off nicely. With gorgeous beaches and fascinating cities a holiday here can be as busy or as chilled out as you choose for it to be. Relax on white beaches and dive into crystal clear turquoise sea and explore the unique culture that Cuba has to offer.
- Mexico: Visit Mexico in December and it will be a sunny and mild average of around 27°c / 80°f. It’s a year round destination so great to visit any month of the year, but you’ll be guaranteed some fantastic holiday deals in December. The Caribbean Coast is the most popular, and this time of year really is perfect for excursions without the sweltering summer heat. Take trips out the the Mayan ruins and enjoy this ancient country’s intriguing culture as well as it’s beaches and cuisine. It’s peak season, so book early for deals.
- Jamaica: Sunny happy Jamaica is around 30°c / 86°f with very low rainfall in December. An island full of activities and sites as well as wonderful beaches and nightlife. Famed for it’s unique personality and reggae music thanks to Bob Marley, it’s atmosphere is buzzing with Caribbean party fun, coconuts and rum. Excursions can be on the pricey side especially if you are booking when you get there so search for deals before you go. And even if you don’t set foot outside your resort, there’s more than enough to do to fill each day with beach lounging, watersports, bbq’s and cocktails.
- Thailand: Thailand appeals to all our senses, with its year round warm temperatures, the unforgetable smells – some good some bad! The incredible beauty of it’s shore lines, the exotic sounds of nature as the sun goes down and delicious fragrant foods on offer. Thailand in December is a very good time to visit this beautiful destination with an average of 28°c / 82°f and a low amount of rainfall now that the rainy season is over. It’s still not peak season, so you’ll benefit from better pricing and less visitors for the sake of a shower now and then! Laze around or explore and enjoy a December holiday in the sun in one of the best holiday destinations Asia has to offer.
- Cambodia: You can expect plenty of sunshine in Cambodia in December. The monsoon season is over so you can generally expect low rainfall, and fairly low humidity in comparison to other months. A nice average of 28°c / 82°f for December makes it a good choice for a Cambodia vacation, although of course this can change according to where you are planning to visit so dress accordingly, for example its a lot cooler up in the mountains if you are trekking. The beaches of Cambodia are like paradise to be enjoyed anytime of the year, but why not escape the cold dark weather where you are and visit Cambodia in December!
- Hawaii: With a surprising number of sunshine hours in December, well over 10 hours! You can make the most of your day in Hawaii in December. A nice warm average of 25°c / 77°f this month and often hotter means you will be guaranteed a lovely holiday with only an occasional shower. Be aware that it can get a little busy this month as everyone wants what you want an escape to the sun! Try out some of the lesser known locations in Hawaii in order to get yourself a good deal and you can always explore from there.
- Mauritius: Mauritius in December is fairly reliable in the earlier weeks for great weather, the closer you get to January the more rainfall you can expect, with January to April being the wet summer months, and more risk of cyclones between January and February (although they don’t always hit land so the risk is fairly low). It will be averaging 29°c / 84°f of wonderful sunshine although some humidity. Most holiday makers head here to relax in their resort of white sand beaches and peace and quiet, but there’s nothing to stop you getting out and exploring. The roads are great, and if you head into St Louis you’ll find a modern Mall on the outskirts, and the usual McDonalds and and busy restaurants near the port and marina. Inland is a luscious carpet of sugar cane, and dotted along the coast are little villages and local beaches.
- Dubai: It’s a cool and refreshing 25°c / 76°f for once in Dubai, with a small chance of a smattering of much needed rain. A great place to indulge in a bit of luxury with some of the most opulent hotel choices in the world and even more being built. It’s a great opportunity for some bargain shopping on designer goods as well as jewellery, with gold and diamonds offering some fantastic prices. Enjoy the mild weather rather than the normal sweltering heat!
- Oman: Oman in December will be warm, around the 26°c / 79°f mark. Tourism here has boomed recently as we look for more and more interesting destination for winter sunshine. You’ll be welcomed by a dramatic skyline of ancient mosques and castles in it’s capital Muscat. beautiful beaches and promenades line the coast and the hotels here in general are very up market. It tends to not be the cheapest holiday option, but you’ll certainly get what you pay for.