Flight ticket deals February
We’ve listed our top holiday destinations for February, avoiding hurricane season and the rainy seasons. So for some of the best places for hot weather in February 2023 look no further, and check out our travellers reviews to go with our recommended top spots.
Flight offers for February
Top destinations in Europe
- Madeira is warm in February and tends to maintain temperatures above 20°c /68°f all year round peaking in August. The islands of Madeira are Portuguese isles where the largest island called Funchal is well known for its tropical fruits and exotic flowers and a sub-tropical climate. Or head for the mainland of Portugal to The Algarve where temperatures won’t be too far off Madeira temperatures, averaging 18°c /64°f. You are more likely to experience a little drizzle on the mainland but prices are much lower than Madeira. Either choice will brighten up those damp and cold winter days back home. Madeira tends to be a separate holiday search to Portugal on most holiday sites
- You are not going to go wrong with any of the Canary Islands in February, they belong to Spain and are off the north west coast of Africa receiving the heat blasts off the Saharan Desert. Fuerteventura in February is a perfect time of year to visit. Around 20°c /68°f its a sunny warm climate with maybe a few days of drizzle and clouds, but still warm enough to laze on the beach comfortably although you may need a jacket in the evenings. With miles of sandy beaches and smooth waters for watersports it’s a good choice when searching for somewhere hot in February particularly if you are travelling from a European location.
- It’s certainly not the hottest month to visit Malta, and there will definitely be some rain this month, but it’s one of those golden little places where you’ll find some lovely sunny days, and just some great hotel lounge time with lovely views if you feel like you can’t get through the dark winter fast enough and you want somewhere which is a short hop. You may get lucky enough to have some really warm days close to 18°c /64°f . So although there are hotter places you can go in February this is a gem of a destination if you keep in mind that it’s all about peaceful relaxtion and scenery
Where is it hot in North Africa in February?
- Cape Verde: Hooray, somewhere new to go! Well for many of us it is …and so these islands off the West Coast of Africa are a great choice for a good place to go on holiday in February. It will be around 24°c /75°f. It’s not as developed as the Canary Islands, so don’t expect all the pubs and clubs, it’s much quieter here, but new hotels are being developed by the month as the latest destination for those that are looking for an alternative to Egypt and Tunisia sunshine in February. So you’ll find modern hotels, blue skies, wide open beaches for that morning holiday jog, and warm pools to laze around after your jog! A simple short flight away, around 6 hours similar to Egypt, you’ll be delving into a whole new world of warm weather in February.
- The temperatures in Egypt are on the rise again in February 2023, now hotter than the Canary Islands around 23°c /73°f. There isn’t really a rainy season in Egypt and February in Egypt remains reliably popular in the Red Sea resorts. The Red Sea resorts have remained safe during current political instabilities and holiday makers are continuing to book while following sensibly the government Egypt Travel Advice. Resorts here are so big on the Red Sea that many choose not to leave their resorts at all with everything they need on hand, including being able to simply wade out a few metres from shore to be wowed by some truly wonderful snorkelling.
The best holiday destinations in the Caribbean
- It’s the dry season in the Dominican Republic in February and averages 29°c /84°f. One of the top holiday destinations in the Caribbean, it’s known for it’s beaches, great prices, fantastic All Inclusive hotels and is an all round great destination for both Honeymooners as well as families. Punta Cana, La Romana and Puerto Plata being among some of the very favourite locations, you’ll have plenty to do here if just lounging around on sun blessed beaches isn’t for you. Visit bustling Santa Domingo, go diving or take a tour to the Damajaqua Cascades otherwise known as the natural wonder that is the 27 Waterfalls.
- Mexico in February is a good choice. Visit the gorgeous pacific coast where you will find Acapulco, and temperatures here in February are around 29°c /84°f and only a very small chance of rain unlike the thunderstorms that you will experience in the summer. Visiting the Caribbean coast in February, some of the popular destinations such as Cancun, Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya you can expect highs of around 27°c /80°f and a chance of light rain from time to time, but nothing that will get in the way of a great beach holiday. The more adventurous will find it a degree or two cooler inland such as Tulum or Mexico city and temperatures will vary dramatically depending on where you go and the terrain, but if we are talking beach holiday then it’s a glorious time to visit in February and outside of the hurricane season.
- One of the Caribbean favourites, Barbados is a great place for a holiday in February. Beautiful dry hot days with perfect temperatures around 28°c /82°f it’s absolutely ideal. The wet season, albeit it’s never really that wet, is from late June when the hurricane season begins, which leave February in the middle of the dry season and a favoured time to visit. Take a boat trip up the coast if you can, because even if you don’t snorkle you’ll very likely see enormous turtles swimming nearby in the aqua waters that the Caribbean is famed for. A friend nation with some tasty dishes, try out the local Bajan cuisine if possible it’s truly mouthwater. Yes the beaches really are like soft gold powder, you’ll want to go back again and again.
- If you’ve been to the Caribbean before and want to try a different Caribbean destination then you should definitely put Tobago on your list of options. This is a tranquil and happy little island off the coast of it’s sister island Trinidad – which can be visited for a nice daytrip, so thats 2 Caribbean islands under your belt. Expect it to be about 31°c /88°f as it’s one of the most southern islands in the Caribbean, well outside of the hurricane belt and very hot! It may be small but it has all of the hotel choices you could need and a vibrant culture as well it’s very own unique dining specialities to sample.
India and Indian Ocean
- The Maldives are in the North of the Indian Ocean and are experiencing the dry season in February. The dry season starts in January going through to peak temperatures in the season in April, and it’s not far off the peak heat in February at 31°c /88°f. The Maldives are famed for paradise desert islands and luxury, with many choosing to honeymoon here. But with the world getting smaller you don’t have to be on your honeymoon to treat yourself to a bit of paradise. The waters around the Maldives Islands are some of the best in the world for viewing marine life, scuba diving and snorkelling.
- The incredible Golden Triangle in India see’s hundreds of thousands of tourists every year flock to it’s awesome and fascinating sights between Agra, Dehli and Jaipur. With India being so large this tends to be one of the first starting points for Travel to India, as well as of course popular beach destinations of Goa and Kerala Holidays. If you are aiming for the Golden triangle then February really is one of the very best months for travel in India, along with the preceding two months as this is winter in India. So with temperatures in the north of India around 25°c/34°f this makes for a great experience at a comfortable heat. The following months get extremely hot and humid and of course later in the year you’ll need to look to avoid certain rainy areas. Down in Goa along the beaches the temperatures are close to 30°c /86°f and it’s an ideal time to visit in February.
USA flight destinations
- One of the best times to visit Arizona (USA) is definitely February, you’ll miss all the crowds yet still get sun filled days of blue skies right through to snow on the peaks. Pheonix can get to around 20°c /70°f with the south of the state getting the warmer temperatures. So in the same month you can enjoy some skiing in the peaks and hiking in one of its many national parks. No visit is complete without exploring the Grand Canyon of course but you’ll need to wrap up for this being at such elevation. And if you like a bit of mystery take a desert tour and see the mysterious moving rocks – rocks found in the middle of the dry mudflats with trails leading to them from the surrounding mountains…no one knows how they get there!
South America and Central America
- The central American country of Belize is in dry season in February and the weather is fabulous. They welcome visitors with open arms and you can enjoy some of the most scenic landscape in the world as well as that well known incredible natural water feature the Belize Blue Hole, surrounded by coral and a wealth of marine life its probably the top attraction in Belize. With jungle, white sands and caribbean shores it’s the ultimate holiday package, especially for those avid snorkellers and divers. Steeped in Mayan history you can explore ruins and the mysterious ancient culture with its many archeolgical sites and temples. Expect it to be around 28°c /82°f.
- February in Lima is one of the hottest times to visit. Down on the coast Lima is often engulfed in a mist, but cloudcover and mist lessens considerably in February. As one of the biggest cities in South America and the capital of Peru, Lima is a buzzing beach city filled with ancient history, sights and culture. February is right in the middle of summer for Lima, and the beaches get busy. Head north away from the crowds to Playa Tortugas beach, peaceful and beautiful fringed with Palms, baby turtles are still being released on the beach in February by turtle conservationists and you can join in. There is very little rain fall although it can get humid, temperatures are around 28°c /82°f and upwards.
- The small Central American country of Panama links North America with South America and at it’s narrowist point the man made wonder of the famous Panama Canal allows ships to enter from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean meaning it can be a great Cruise Destination. However if you fancy more time here than a cruise stop, take a holiday and do a little exploring in February in Panama, the dry season. It will be wonderfully hot upwards of 31°c /88°f. So if you are looking for a new and exciting winter sun destination enjoy beaches, mountains and Jungle as well as buzzy eclectic cities this is one of the best months to do it.
- The dream holiday destination of Costa Rica has long been on this list of top holiday destinations, and known as one of the happiest countries in the world! It’s hot and dry from December through to March, although you can visit any time. But if you are looking to avoid the tropical down pours then head to Costa Rica in the dry season, and February is the peak season for holiday makers. It makes a visit here a little more expensive but you’ll get to see Costa Rica at it’s best and get to do more things. It has delightful beaches on both it Pacific and Atlantic coasts, and inland you’ll find rain forest, volanoes and natural hot springs. Expect it to be about 27°c /81°f.