Flight ticket deals August
Where are the best places to holiday in August? This is where Europe really reaches a peak and one of the most exciting months for holidays in the year! And for far flung locations it’s a month which needs some investigation into where to go on holiday in August to avoid hurricanes and monsoons and winter seasons.If you simply need ideas for new places to go or even safe places to go on holiday we can help you with some options you may not have thought of before. If you are looking for travel inspiration check out Where to Holiday’s Best Month to Visit page. Or if you think relaxing on a cruise in August is more your style then head to the bottom of the page for the best places to go on a cruise in August.
Flight offers for August
- Zante – Greece: You can expect Greece in August to be very hot! And Zante on average reaches 33°c / 91°f in August but has been known to hit over 100°f, so you have to like it hot if you are visiting this beautiful greek island in August. Made up of the main town of Zakynthos and the rest being little villages, this island has more than it’s fair share of golden beaches with well over 20 perfect beaches for your holiday. So you don’t need to worry about where you stay you will always be near one. One of the most photographed idylic beaches here is Shipwreck Bay or it’s real name Navagio Bay. Whether you are looking for some serious partying at the great clubs in Zakynthos or a more eco holiday in the natural habitat of Loggerhead turtles, Zante has it all.
- Scotland: Scotland has a distinct natural beauty any month of the year, but if you are aiming to visit without having your umbrella up the whole time, then Scotland in August is one of the best times to make a trip here. Part of the UK but very much a country with its own strong identity you’ll be heading into the stuff of legend and history amongst rolling green hills in the south around Edinburgh to the magnificent mountains of the highlands. We all know Scotland is famous for it’s Lochs, but until you see the mirror stillness of a Loch first thing in the morning it’s hard to appreciate the sheer breathtaking splendor of one! If you happen to like golf you’ve come to the home of golf with the best golf courses in the world and hosts of the Ryder Cup. It’s probably going to be a warm sunny 20°c / 68°f but is often higher, however it’s also probably going to have some light rain on some days too, how do you think it stays so green? The most visited city is Edinburgh, drawing people to it’s famous castle, monuments and festivals.
- Germany: Germany for an August Holiday? Ok probably not the first on your list of European countries for a beach holiday, but if you’ve done a lot of beach holidays and are looking for new and interesting places to Holiday, you won’t go wrong with visiting Germany in August. Of course Germany has dramatic landscapes so weather will vary, but you can hope for around 25°c / 77°f and upwards. It’s a wonderful time of year to enjoy the much visited Black Forest, or the Bavarian Alps. The cities of Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich amongst a whole host of fascinating cities mixing the modern with a wonderful blend of architecture dating back to medieval times with fairytale castles and inparticular the Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria. If it’s beaches you must have then up in the North East, Germany boasts secret white beaches along the Baltic Sea which welcomes millions of visitors in the summer. Enjoy a log Cabin perched next to one of Germany’s sparkling lakes, or the very best modern 5 star glamour of a city hotel in some of the cleanest cities in Europe.
- Rhodes: Yet again another Greek island makes the grade for top summer holidays in August if you are looking for a Mediterranean holiday. Quaint villages to thumping nightlife, ancient history to luxury hotels, awash with myth and legend to busy sizzling beaches. You can depend on Rhodes for an all round holiday destination and guaranteed sun with temperatures generally around 30°c / 86°f. Blessed with long sandy stretches, the best beaches in Rhodes can be found all along the East coast, with surfers prefering the choppy west coast. If you have never been diving before, Rhodes is a great place to try it out with some fantastic diving days available through to doing your Padi, and if thats not for you take a boat trip and dive into sparkling Aegean Waters for some snorkelling and swimming, the water is warm and clear.
- Slovenia: We don’t hear much about Slovenia as a summer holiday destination, but situated in between Italy and Croatia, it’s fairly easy to get to and has so much to offer! Slovenia in August will likely reach 27°c / 81°f, perfect weather for hanging out on it’s pretty mediterannean beaches. It only has just over 25 miles of coastline, and prestinely maintained beaches surrounded by villages with an air of the Italian influence of its neighbour. If you aren’t going to get the chance to visit Slovenia often then a visit inland is a must. It’s capital Ljubljana is just an hour or so from the coast and a beautiful city with a small town feel on the river, with plenty of shopping, cafes, restaurants and little out door eating stands offering up local specialities and beer. You’ll see the mountains in the background, normally packed with skiers in the winter season, but enjoy the summer alpine scenery and head out to enchanting Lake Bled. Just 20 minutes from the coast you can explore Slovenias fascinating network of caves, an awesome spectacle, and one of the main attractions being Postojna Cave. You won’t be disappointed with a visit to Slovenia.
- Bulgaria: Bulgaria in August is scorching! Temperatures in August tend to sizzle around 31°c / 88°f! Bulgaria is an up and coming European holiday choice with it’s beaches on the Black sea, close to Greece and Turkey. Resorts are dotted all along the coastline of the long sandy beaches, offering pure relaxation and a typical sand, sea and sun holiday. Venture to the coasts biggest city Varna for a bit of culture in the old town, see the Cathedral and museums, enjoy the restaurants and cafe culture. A Unique seaside city with a modern feel. Travellers and holidaymakers have started to find out about the delights of Bulgaria for their holidays, so join them before it gets even busier!
- Ireland: What better time to visit the Emerald Isle than in August! It’s summertime in Ireland and the long summer evenings make the perfect back drop for enjoying its fine traditional pubs and gardens to the tunes of traditional Irish music. County Kerry on the West coast, boasts some of the prettiest beaches of long white sandy beaches and breath taking scenery. And at an average of 19°c / 66°f it may not be tropical but its mild sunny days and low rainfall make August one of the best months to visit Ireland. You’ll also find some really traditional pubs in County Kerry, often with their original features making it feel like you are stepping back in time! The oldest pub in Ireland is thought to be in Dublin, along with some of Irelands best entertainment, shopping and sightseeing, but step outside of Dublin off the normal tourist trail to really taste this land of myth and legend in it’s true sense. Visit villages, castles, farms and just feel the heritage oozing through it’s pretty houses.
- St Petersburg, Russia: In the west of Russia, the maritime city of St Petersburg is most popular with tourists in August. So, if you have ever been curious about this captivating city then August is the month to go! The previous 2 months have had daylight for around 18 hours a day when the sun does go down well after midnight, meaning the city doesn’t stop and becomes almost a 24 hour city with plenty of partying, but by August this has calmed down as the daylight hours shorten and the locals head out of town on their own holidays. So the crowds are gone and the queues are gone making it a pleasant visit. It will be a balmy 20°c / 68°f or so and quite humid, but you are unlikely to escape without some of it’s well known rain showers. Visit the palaces, see the fountains, visit the parks, take a boat trip, just be sure to check that the institutions you want to visit are open when you are there, as some close until September. Enjoy a taste of Russia with a cosmopolitan twist.
- Botswana: Looking for a Safari in August? Botswana is an ideal Honeymoon destination to enjoy the trip of a lifetime and spectacular safari (and city-trip to Gaborone). It’s winter in Botswana in August, so the nightime temperatures fall dramatically, but daytimes are likely to be clear skies and a warm 26°c / 79°f. Being the dry season it means that the animals will congregate around watering holes so one of the best times to spot the magnificent wildlife. The Chobe National Park is well known for it’s elephant population, and the Okavanga Delta benefits from Okavanga river slicing through the desert creating a lush eco system perfect for the some of the worlds best safari’s.