Flight ticket deals June
Where is hot in June? This wonderful month is the beginning of the season we’ve all been waiting for! So if you are looking for a holiday in June it’s all the more difficult to choose as more options for hot destinations open up to us. European destinations start to come into their own and America’s sprawling states can’t be rivalled for their variety and thats just the start. So we’ve narrowed down some of our favorite June Holiday destinations.
Flight offers for June
- Spain – Costa Blanca: Spain in June, you know it’s going to be hot! And with an average high of 32°c /90°f and upwards on the Costa Blanca it’s a safe bet if you are looking for some June sunshine and beaches in Europe. Probably the best known holiday destination is Benidorm, with a long history of holiday makers, busy hotels, plenty of restaurants and shopping, and long wide sandy golden beaches. But outside of popular Benidorm there are miles and miles of gorgeous beaches on this coastline, from Calpe, Javea, Denia, Torrevieja and the gateway town of Alicante. Alicante boasts lovely beaches as well as being the second largest city in the province with all the history and array of architecture that comes with an old port city. It begins to get fairly busy in Spain in June, but you can make your holiday what you want it to be; so you can laze around on beaches, partake in the local Spanish cuisine, enjoy the watersports or head out of the busy tourist districts and dive into the culture of this incredibly popular coast of Spain.
- Norway: Fresh, blue skied and invigorating Norway in June… maybe somewhere more considered for winter getaways on the edge of the Arctic Circle with its fascinating Northern lights and skiing. But if ever there was a good time to visit Norway at its best, then June is the perfect time to enjoy Norway’s breathtaking Fjords. One of the most popular being Nærøyfjord (or Naeroyfjord), a World Heritagde site, is Nature at its most awesome. So we aren’t talking sizzling temperatures but it is a warm and mild 14°c /57°f. Enjoy one of the most modern cities in the world, Norways capital Oslo, or one of it’s traditional villages such as Vingelen with old wooden houses and it’s ancient viking culture. Strangely summertime gets the most rain in Norway but as June is at the start of the summer season in Norway the summer showers are much lower than the peak months of July and August. June has the longest daylight hours and being so high up in the Northern Hemisphere you’ll be able to make the most of the long days with around 19 hours of daylight and the sun setting at 10:44pm
- Crete – Greece: The sparkling island of Crete is a sweltering 30°c /86°f in June.Crete is the largest of Greece’s many islands with beach after sandy beach sweeping around its turquoise coast making it an ideal mediterannean holiday destination. If you can drag yourself away from it’s beaches you’ll be surrounded by the remnants of it’s ancient culture, delicious cuisine famed for its pure olive oli and sun blessed vegetables, dramatic landscapes of mountains and secluded coves. You’ll get guaranteed sunshine and tourists are welcomed on this Greek island that has been welcoming travellers for centuries
- Montenegro: Beautiful Montenegro makes for a wonderful June Holiday, with average highs reaching around 30°c /86°f in the middle of the month. As a new, up and coming holiday destination, this tiny country has a stretch of coastline that manages to squeeze in a good amount of beaches considering its size, with the areas of Budva and Bar benefitting from the most beaches with truly stunning clear aqua-marine waters. Green mountains, canyons, lakes, bays and marinas on top of old towns, monasteries, museums as well as plenty of modern hotels, Montenegro is simply the complete holiday package. A wonderful new holiday experience awaits you here in sunny Montenegro
- The Azores: The intriguing islands of the Azores lie far out in the Atlantic ocean around 1000 miles to the west of Lisbon, Portugal. Belonging to Portugal, June in the Azores is a mild month around 22°c /72°f, and June is a particularly special month here as it’s one of the months that you have a very good chance of seeing Earths largest mammal – The incredible Blue Whale. You will witness a huge variety of sea life due to the sea being full of plankton in June. This means you’ll get to watch one of natures best shows in this isolated and awe inspiring set of volcanic islands. Pico island is probably the most renouned, dominated by the Pico volcano, rich in greenery, flowers and wildlife. Come here to escape and visit unchanged nature on these ancient secluded Azores
- Italy: It’s around 27°c /81°f and sometimes a little hotter in Italy in the lovely month of June. Possible one of the loveliest months to visit, alive with street festivals and flowers it’s incredibly romantic. Of course italy is known for it’s many famous dishes and beautiful art, it’s simply sensory overload! Rome is the number one destination, but if you’ve already been or are looking for somewhere else to go in Italy consider Florence, known as Firenze. Possibly best known for it’s art and Michelangelo’s Statue of David, this grand city has heavenly little side streets to shade you in midday. It’s ideal to discover on foot and exploring the nooks and crannie for the real secrets of the city. Head out to the hills outside Florence for wine tasting in splendid Chianti.
- UK: What’s the UK (England) like in June? Well it can be a mixed bag of sunshine and showers, but seeing at this is one of those holiday destinations that can be visited all year round – the tourists don’t come here in their droves for the sunshine unsurprisingly – you may just be lucky enough to get blue skies and mild warm weather. And if you are lucky then this can be one of the most beautiful countries in the world, naturally so green the summer here mixes the countryside floral aromas with the buzz of cities and rivers. And don’t forget being an island, if you can drag yourself away from London and it’s other capital cities of Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast then you’ll find the coastline and beaches stunning.
- Ibiza: An ideal month to visit, June in Ibiza (pronounced Ibeetha!) has golden beaches, great restaurants and most importantly sunshine! Shop in its Old Town, party out of town, dine out along the shores many promenades and simply enjoy the atmosphere of this happy isle. It’s not just for partying, although you’ll find it’s fairly busy when it comes to the bars this time of year, many of the hotels are family friendly and theres plenty of villas on offer for a few families to share and watch the kids enjoy your own private pool.
- Tobago: Hooray! Tobago isn’t in the hurricane belt! So visiting tobago in June is a great idea. When most of the other Caribbean islands head straight into the hurricane season from June through to October laid back Tobago will be continuing to benefit from a steady warm temperature of around 30°c /86°f. There is a little more rain in June however most of it falls at night and you will get the odd short burst of a tropical downpour in the afternoon from time to time. You can take a day tour over to its nearby neighbour of Trinidad, enjoy diving or snorkelling on the spectacular reefs, or simply soak up the sun on this friendly little Caribbean island
- Aruba: Aruba is another Caribbean destination that sits outside of the hurricane belt so a great choice for a June holiday in the Caribbean. It lies much further west and south in the Caribbean than the other islands, which means it’s a little further to get to, but an unspoiled gem! It’s likely to be around 32°c /90°f with the odd tropical thunderstorm now and then. Often included on some great cruise Itinaries at this time of year Aruba has an interesting mixed heritage with many different influences with dutch and spanish being a large influence and it certainly makes for some unique and delicious Aruban cuisine.
- Mexico: A flight holiday to Mexico in June is one of the hottest times to visit, sizzling away around 32°c /90°f. However you’ll be correct in thinking that it’s the hurricane season, which means that although the weather is great with a storm from time to time, it means there is always a risk. Hurricanes tend to be more prevalent in August and October in Mexico, so June is a fairly good gamble. You’ll get some great prices outside of peak season, and maybe just a little less busy. As we always recommend, check your holiday company’s hurricane policy and make sure it’s covered in your travel insurance and you’ll be taking the worry out of booking a holiday in this beautiful holiday destination.
- Dominican Republic: The Dom Rep in June is close to it’s peak temperatures around 30°c /86°f, but it is also hurricane season – this obviously puts a lot of people off. On the other hand hurricanes are more likely to hit the island in August and September statistically, and if it helps a hurricane will hit land here around every 10 years, so overall June is fairly low risk. Which means, as long as you have travel insurance that includes hurricane cover or you book through a reputable company with a good hurricane policy then you could be heading to this gorgeous island with a superb deal, and less crowds to share the idyllic miles of white sands.
- Sri Lanka: June in Sri Lanka can be a fantastic time to visit. The Far East in June is considered the beginning of the monsoon and typhoon season, however some places can be completely sheltered from this naturalyl turbulent season and the East Coast of Sri Lanka is one of these places. It’s likely to be around 30°c /86°f and remains fairly dry. The spectacular East Coast beaches are breathtaking with a popular location being Arugum Bay, known for its surfing. The diverse culture and heritage here offers up some fascinating historical sights and attractions, from temples and museums to Sanctuaries and national parks
- Bali: It’s hot in Bali in June and the height of the dry season, an ideal time to visit this beautiful Indonesian island. It’s around the 29°c / 85°f mark, and perfect to take advantage of some of the most stunning marine life and go for a dive or snorkle off the coral reef. A haven of relaxation many come here for the yoga retreats, or to hike the incredible scenery – you can even hike a live volcano! But for those just thinking about relaxation, then it has the ideal hotels designed to promote utter serenity and the beaches are dreamy.
- New England, USA: With a gloriously pretty coastline, New England in June is such a great choice for a summer holiday especially for those that enjoy the great outdoors! The summer in this region is wonderfully warm with an average high around 25°c /77°f. New England covers Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. Endless sandy beaches, beautiful Islands including the famous Marthas Vineyard, boat rides from Cape cod, one of the worlds top wooden roller coasters in Connecticut, Lakes in New Hampshire, Mountains in Vermont and the list goes on. One of the best ways to make the most of this corner of the USA in June is to take a driving holiday or coach tour to truly experience the scenery of this breathtaking regio
- Alaska Cruises in June: It’s peak Alaska cruise season in June, one of the worlds most exciting cruise destinations! Combine it with San Fransisco for somewhere hot in June and you have a dream holiday. See our recommendations of Alaska cruises.
- Tanzania: Thinking of a safari in June? Famed for it’s astonishingly beautiful National parks such as the Serengetti and incredible wildlife, Tanzania in June is a very good month to visit. Just below the equator and on the shores of the Indian Ocean, Tanzania has spectacular paradise beaches well worth the visit even if you have mainly come for its famous safari. In June you’ll find it a hot 29°c /84°f, but comfortable with fairly low humidity. Although you won’t see the Great Migration in June, it is an excellent time for safari as June to November is the dry season. The major rains come to an end in may, so you will still see a little greenery but as is well known when sightseeing for African wildlife it’s much easier to see the animals in the dry season as the animals will head for watering holes and so are easier to find and foliage is less dense so great for spotting the wildlife.
- Egypt: If you’ve been looking for somewhere hot in June then Egypt will tick that box 35°c / 95°f. If it’s a beach holiday you want then head to the Red sea coast, Sharm El Sheik or Taba. With guaranteed sunshine, and warm sea all you’ll need to do is choose your resort. There is a resort to cover your every need from family fun resorts to Luxury resorts and a good standard of All Inclusive here – although perhaps during June, July and August you may find it a little too hot for the kids. If you’ve never snorkelled or dived before you won’t be able to resist here, the see is packed with beautiful fish in some of the clearest warmest waters in the world, and with some fantastic hotel deals out there for June as the heat can be a bit much for some this month, grab your flight fast before it goes up in price
- Kazakhstan: Not your typical summer holiday in June! But mystical Kazakhstan weaved with the history of the Great Silk Road is an incredible June destination. if you’ve done all the typical summer holiday destinations and are looking for adventure and culture as well as sunshine in June Kazakhstan is an exciting option. Kazakhstan is opening it’s doors to the world with some awesome tours through lakes, mountains, ancient cities, and the historical footsteps of the Great Silk Road. Be prepared for soaring temperatures of around 35°c /95°f in June, some fantastic modern hotels in the biggest cities of Astana and Almaty, and a wild and magnificent land almost unexplored by the rest of the world yet tourist-ready and waiting!