Flight ticket deals October
There are hundreds of great holiday destinations to visit in October, the majority of the time it’s out of peak season, which is ideal as high seasons will often be more expensive and more crowded. So the destinations below are recommendations that Where to Holiday think are some of the best places to visit in October with maximum sunshine and minimal rain to give you the best possible October holiday. We are all looking for safe places to go on holiday and safe places to take our children, so with fresh ideas you may try somewhere new to go on holiday this year. You will find travellers that have written about their experiences in all these destinations so click on the destination names and have a read. If you’re still not convinced why not ask one of our travellers a question about their experience? I’m sure they will be only too happy to help! If you’ve been somewhere in October that you would recommend add your travel review. And if an October cruise is what you had in mind, go straight to the bottom of the page to see our recommended places to cruise in October.
Flight offers for October
- Gran Canaria: The Spanish island of Gran Canaria, just off the coast of North West Africa, swelters throughout the year and cools down to a warm 24°c / 75°f on average in October. It gets a fabulous 8 hours or so of sunshine every day and only a spattering of rain on the odd day. So no matter which of these wonderful Canary islands you choose it will be a lovely October holiday destination for lounging around in the sun on volcanic beaches, safe in the knowledge that you are very likely to be enjoying much warmer weather than back home!
- Greek Islands: The gorgeous greek islands enjoy temperatures in the early 20’s in October with some rainfall now and then, meaning you can bet on enjoying plenty of sunshine but not the uncomfortable heat of a Greek summer. The average high on the islands in October are 23°c / 73°f but can get warmer, and with an average of only 5 cms rainfall its nothing much to worry about. Some of the most popular islands are Corfu, Rhodes, Santorini, Crete, Zante, Kos, Mykonos and Zakynthos just to name a few. Enjoy the glorious calm waters of the mediterranean and explore the very different personalities of the Greek islands.
- Turkey: October in Turkey is a mild sunny average 22°c / 72°f but has highs of 27°c / 81°f at the beginning of the month and gradually falls throughout the month. Perfect for Autumn sunshine in the daytime – just getting colder in the evenings. Resorts are quieter and there’s some top holiday deals to be grabbed for the beach resorts. Istanbul is an ideal destination if this is somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit, and although this is an incredibly popular destination it will still be quieting down a little bit making the markets and bazaars a little easier to get around with the buzzing throngs thinning to a manageable level. Don’t forget this year you’ll need a visa to enter Turkey.
- Dominican Republic: The Dominican Republic in October is hot and humid, and averages 31°c / 88°f. Officially October is still in the wet season and the hurricane season, but by now rainfall has slowed right down to hot afternoon showers or rainfall in the night. The biggest risk of hurricanes comes in August and September, so the risk is low this month but by booking with a reputable company and having travel insurance it means that if the unlikely case of a hurricane hitting, you’ll be protected. And the best bit is that it will be a little bit quieter, beaches less busy and hotels a bit cheaper so overall it’s not a bad choice at all. You’ll be getting guaranteed sunshine and enjoying the idyllic beaches of resorts such as Punta Cana as well as delicious Dominican Republic cuisine – a delightful mix of Spanish and African influenced dishes.
- Aruba: Aruba is outside of the hurricane belt all year round! So if you have any worries about the Caribbean in October then this is a fantastic choice. Aruba will be at it’s peak heat around 31°c / 88°f and often hotter in October. The reason we don’t hear about it as much as the other typical Caribbean holiday destinations is because it’s just that little bit further to fly as it lies more south in the Caribbean.
- Cambodia: Cambodia in October is warm and sunny and a perfect time to visit as it’s the start of the dry season, it’s also a comfortable and bearable heat of 31°c / 88°f. If you are looking for a hot destination in October that can offer you beaches, swimming, relaxation and then the opportunity for a bit of sightseeing, culture and delicious food then this will make the perfect holiday destination for you. It’s definitely on the tourist map but not quite as overrun with tourists as some parts of Thailand might be nowadays. Enjoy the beauty of the temples, the buzz of the cities and and the rich green jungle surroundings. A typical holiday in Cambodia can include a visit to the old city of Siem Reap, the temples of Angkor Wat, the capital of Phnom Penh and then to the paradise coast.
- China: China is vast and so weather across this large country is entirely variable dependant on where you go, however China tends to have mild temperatures across the country in October and fairly limited rainfall on the whole with low humidity. Shanghai can be incredibly hot and humid for a summer visit so going in October can be much more agreeable, however along with more reasonable temperature comes the risk of an occasional Typhoon. The October average in Shanghai is 22°c / 72°f. Beijing, in the north-east is a lot cooler but also a lot less humid averaging 13°c / 55°f with only a small amount of rainfall and a great place to get to The Great Wall of China. And Macau in the south, not far from Hong Kong, is a wonderful place to visit in October with cool and clear days. Its the very tail end of the rainy season so from mid October is generally good and Tyhoons are rare after tailing off at the end of September; warmer down south the average highs in Macau in October are 27°c / 81°f.
- Bali – Indonesia: It’s the last month of the dry season in Indonesia in October. So if you are looking for tropical sunshine, paradise beaches, a land of tradition and culture, volcanoes and mountains, jungle and warm tropical seas then Indonesia has it all with Bali being one of the best islands to encompass everything. In the past in may have always been on the backpackers trail, but nowadays with great flight options holiday makers are going the extra miles to explore these holiday islands. You’ll find everything from luxury resorts, to yoga retreats to simple beach bungalows. If you have the option of air conditioning rather than a fan in your room then we advise that you take it even if it costs a little extra as it will probably be 32°c / 91°f.
- California: Beautiful California has so much to offer, and it’s mainly warm with blue skies in October. Obviously temperatures will vary greatly depending whether you are in the mountains or desert, in Northern or Southern California. Los Angeles weather in October for example will generally be in the 70’s averaging 24°c / 75°f, with hardly any rain and plenty of sunshine. San Francisco tends to get a little more rain, but it’s a great time to visit San Francisco as there is very little fog and plenty of sun. San Diego starts to get cooler in October but with the average high being 24°c / 75°f it’s not exactly cold. The weather is never wholly predictable but generally you can depend on plenty of sunshine throughout October in California. Visit Northern California to see some of the largest trees on Earth in Sequoia National Park. Taste the wines of The Napa Valley. Watch the whales in Santa Barbara. Dine out and shop in Santa Monica. Head for the beaches of southern California… the choices are endless.
- India: It’s one of the best months to visit the north of India for some of the most enchanting sights in this beautiful country. October in India means that the rains have gone, the temperatures are not at their peak which is great for seeing the sights such as the Taj Mahal in Agra. There is very low rainfall from October to March and the temperatures are pleasant in the day time, this month it will be around 30°c / 86°f. So escape the cool October days back home as the nights close in and head to the hustle and bustle for some serious excitement and sunshine. How about a more relaxing holiday in India? The rains are pretty much over now down on the beaches of Goa, so beach season kicks in again with sizzling temperatures 33°c / 92°f.